Calibrated ready-to-use strains for challenge test inoculation
BioBall is a small water soluble ball containing a precise number of microorganisms.
Produced to the world's highest quality standards and ISO Guide 34 accredited,
it is ideal for cosmetic industries that perform microbial challenge tests.
BioBall is compliant with Pharmacopoeia standards, which require less than 5 passages from the original culture,
and is also suitable for ISO 11930 standard.
Revolutionary calibrated ready-to-use strains
During the development process of all new or modified cosmetic products,
cosmetic companies are required to perform challenge tests, or preservative efficacy testing,
in order to ensure consumer safety. Extremely accurate and easy-to-use, BioBall is the ideal solution for such operations.
It contains a precise number of microorganisms and its high performance has revolutionized quantitative microbiological quality control.
Rapid & easy preservative efficacy testing
- Save time in your challenge test process : BioBall is 4 times more rapid than traditional solutions
- Launch an emergency challenge test a anytime : BioBall requires almost no preparation time
- 100% inoculation success rate means no retest
Two Solutions adapted to your needs
BioBall Multishot 10E8: Designed for re-hydration into 1.1 mL of BioBall Re-Hydration Fluid. Each vial provides 10 x 100ΜL doses of between 0.7 and 1.5 x 10E8 cfu. It is ideal to test antimicrobial preservation efficacy.
Each of the following strains is available separately in packs of 10 vials. :
- Asp. Brasiliensis
- C. albicans
- E. coli
- P. aeruginosa
- S. aureus
BioBall Multishot 10E8 Mixed Kits are designed to provide more convenience and flexibility
Each BioBall Mixed kit contains 10 vials, with 2 vials of each of the following strains :
- Asp. Brasiliensis (2)
- C. albicans (2)
- E. coli (2)
- P. aeruginosa (2)
- S. aureus (2)
All our solutions demonstrate high quality and considerable advantages :
- Little or no preparation time : a minimum number of steps)
- Easy to use : BioBall dissolves instantly)
- Greater precisions with a known number of cfu)
- Consistent number of cfu batch to batch)
- Reduces risk of "Failed QC" due to variability of the control)
Manufacturing BioBall using flow cytometry
BTF, a bioMérieux company, uses patented technology and proprietary techniques to manufacture BioBall products in Australia.
- A flow cytometer is used to select and dispense individual cells within a culture, and count them into a single droplet.
- Each droplet therefore contains a precise number of viable cells that have been individually selected for maximum recovery rate on non-selective media.
- Those droplets are then frozen in liquid nitrogen, dispensed in vials, freeze-dried with a patented technique and sealed under vacuum for maximum shelf life recovery.
Discover the list of strains we can put into a standard BioBall® Format: